Thursday 1 January 2015

Preparation Preparation Preparation

Wow has the time come so quickly, Michael and myself both have under estimated the time it has taken to get through our to do list, the last few days have been so hectic, not only are we making sure we have covered everything for our expedition but both our wives are meeting us on the other side at Tasmania with our cars and camping trailers and we have both been busy fitting out our trailers with those things that make camping that little bit more pleasant.
Both girls are little nervous as both are diving to Tasmania with our 4WD and trailers and boarding on the Spirit of Tasman to cross Bass Strait and this is going to place them both outside their comfort zone.
Until you started to prepare for a trip like this it hard to imagine all the boxes that need to be ticked. We are leaving Newcastle on the 1/1/2015 6:00am. Michael finally finished 11:30pm New Years Eve and I finished 1:30 am. It becomes so hard to turn you mind off from thinking "is there anything I have forgotten!!."
The alarm has gone off already and I roll over and look at Mez, I've got a stomach full of butterflies as I've had for the past three mornings, she has a scared look in her eyes which gives me even more butterflies. Michael will be here in 60 minutes - I need to get up and force some breakfast down.

 

I hear the the squeak of the suspension of Michael's trailer out the front, I look at Mez, we give each other huge cuddle "well babe the journey begins". 

Carlo Bortolus

1 comment:

  1. Sunstroke? Really! 12 months of planning, a lifetime in the sun, and you ?
    At least you both remembered your bungs.
    Great reading. Keep it going boys. Beer , you can smell it from there.
    Should be some crays under those rocks ! Just to the right.
    Keep safe, or at least keep going.

    ReplyDelete